Not sure if this is the correct area to post this, if not mod please move accordingly.

I acquired my installer, through the Humble Bundle store a while back and used to be able to play without issue in 12.04 LTS. However, when I used the installer provided by the humble store (more specifically the 64-bit .deb installer), software center generates an error stating there is a dependency issue: "Dependency is not satisfiable: ia32-libs".

I also attempted to just use the raw install (chocolate-castle_1.1_i386.tar.gz) but this also generates a library error:

~/Downloads/chocolate-castle$ ./choc
./choc: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I did look into this and it seems that Ubuntu 14 obsoleted ia32-libs, I have installed the "equivalent" libraries as mentioned by apt-get, but I am still unable to launch the game.

Is there any way I could get an updated binary installer, that would work under Ubuntu 14.04, or would it be possible to provide an updated installer to the Humble Store? Or would I need to re-purchase the game again? I would like the issue fixed as I do find the game very enjoyable.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

P#9131 2014-10-18 03:43 ( Edited 2014-10-18 07:43)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 19:20:32 | 0.005s | Q:6