For the first week of Voxatron's release, Lexaloffle has been basically in information processing mode. Not only processing incoming bug reports and feature requests (which I do appreciate, by the way!) but also revising the systems for processing and processing the results of this process. The whole thing is one step away from a giant cluster-fuck, I'm telling you.

But one thing I've just updated which I think will clearly provide a bit of relief is to divide the Voxatron forum into sections, including a support/bug reports forum. I'll get around to actually tackling more of these soon, but at least perhaps people having similar issues can now find each other.

Voxatron Sections

It also provides a mechanism for organising the levels that are being posted. There are now 3 sections just for levels, each with a very distinct function.

Finished Levels: This is for posting levels that are polished, completeable, and unlikely to be updated. (or not until a major version update in the case of WIPs).

W.I.P. / Experimental: Any experiments in gameplay, quirky levels that don't have an end, experiments in scene design, and ongoing projects that would like feedback.

Models: We haven't gone into this much yet. Basically this section is for posting models that other people can grab to use in their levels. You can post levels here too, in order to conveniently showcase the objects. Eventually this forum will also house dynamic objects like monsters when the editor supports them.

The submission page now records which category you'd like your level to be placed in. From v0.1.5 (next update) it will be possible to view levels from each category. So for example, you might only be interested in levels that you know are finished and completable.

I've also added the ability to update threads with new versions of a level instead of creating a new thread each time. Just follow the instructions on the submission page. In short, instead of starting a thread after the upload, you can get a level code to paste into your existing thread that looks like this: [#1234# ] (I put a space in before end so that the tag would display).

You can remove levels / versions from the official BBS LEVELS list by removing the [#1234# ] tag from your post(s). If there are no references to the level in a post, it won't show up in the list.

I've performed a rough sorting of existing posts into these 6 categories. There were a lot of great levels I left out of the finished levels section because they are WIP. I think it should be fine to post WIP levels in the finished section if they are notable milestones in the project.

If there are any levels you'd like to move to finished levels, feel free to make a change request in the comments. It's currently only possible to change the thread category and not the category of the level itself.

Click here to check out the new sections.

Onwards!

P#3329 2011-11-06 17:42 ( Edited 2011-11-15 10:33)

Hello :) I would like to have my level transfered from the WIP category to the Finished levels category.

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=546

Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that you can actually do it yourself :)

P#3347 2011-11-06 18:42 ( Edited 2011-11-06 23:44)

You can change the thread/post category, but not the level itself. (The level and the post it's contained in each have their own category).

But actually, that's not a problem yet because noone's posting threads with mixtures of levels from different categories. So I can detect and fix it automatically.

So, I take it back -- go ahead and re-categorise any posts yourself and I'll figure it out!

P#3352 2011-11-06 18:57 ( Edited 2011-11-06 23:57)

This is great progress. Do you plan on adding the ability for us to look up forum posts made by a given user? This would be useful to find the various posts you make, since it's hard to find them all and you post really cool stuff in the forums!

So, I'm also going to go ahead and be the typical "when is it coming!!" guy and ask... when are you looking to push out 0.1.5? ;) Don't worry, I'm not looking for anything specific, just a general timeframe - should we be looking at something like days, or months?

Anyway, keep it all up! We're all excited about this game now~

P#3358 2011-11-06 19:22 ( Edited 2011-11-07 00:22)

My level is in the wrong section

https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=519

It is a finished level, quite short though. Maybe thats why its not in the finished section?

P#3455 2011-11-07 06:42 ( Edited 2011-11-07 11:42)

APirateHat -- moved to finished. Short levels are fine, I just did a rough sort from memory and missed some.

0.1.5's coming later this week (: The two main features are filtering the bbs view (to take advantage of these new categories), and per-level customisable character graphics.

P#3519 2011-11-07 13:26 ( Edited 2011-11-07 18:26)

zep, will the monster editor be just an "animation studio", or will you be able to make your own characteristics to the monster? You could have simple settings like amount of lifes, speed(varies from 8 to infinity), ability to shoot, jump(flying maybe) and a simple way to edit scripts by what the monster does what it does(like, to set that it will shoot when it sees the player for 6 seconds and then it will wait for 3 seconds before doing it again.) It would be so cool if it wouldn't be just a voxel animation editor.

And thanks a lot for the game, it's so awesome!!

P#3559 2011-11-07 17:27 ( Edited 2011-11-07 22:28)

Slight bug with this system I noticed today..

I already had a thread on the 'Cities under Siege' WIP map, with the snapshot linked directly as I had no idea how the uploader worked. Later, I found out about it, Chose the 'upload' option and took the tag and put it in the existing post. The level still doesn't show in the BBSlist.

Assuming here that it only works if the original thread was built via the upload/thread gadget...?

P#4207 2011-11-13 02:17 ( Edited 2011-11-13 07:17)

Assuming here that it only works if the original thread was built via the upload/thread gadget...?

I had a level in plain .png form in my thread for a while (before the WIP section existed), and when I finished the level and inserted the BBS code it came up in the BBS fine...
So I don't know what's up with yours :/

P#4228 2011-11-13 10:05 ( Edited 2011-11-13 15:05)

@eamonn: I know.. This is weird. Checked again this morning to see if mebbe it was just held up in the system somewhere, But ti's still not there. X3 Should have been between #3988 and #4084

P#4242 2011-11-13 12:15 ( Edited 2011-11-13 17:15)

Am I reading this right..? A bot-post about maplestory?

And here I thought mmos were above using bot-advertise posts :P

P#4435 2011-11-15 05:33 ( Edited 2011-11-15 10:33)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 17:06:19 | 0.010s | Q:28